Thursday, January 9, 2014

Temptations

In your quest for financial stability after divorce you will be faced with many temptations-financial that is. Less than one week into my 2013 resolve and I had endured being tempted by the Home Improvements magazine that always comes with some huge sale enticement. I perused through that thing like a junky peruses the ground looking for a slightly used cigarette butt, (Yes, I have witnessed this on many occasion).
Note to self...back away from the wood composite sidetable with built-in power strip for oh...$179.99 on sale. But, it matches perfectly with my bedroom furniture and could replace the Rubbermaid contraption. Yes girls, Rubbermaid. To all of you cringing, if it's any aesthetic conciliation to you, I never did attach the four black rolling wheels.
Rationalization (that saved me from credit purchase): "It's not real wood."
Other tempations I dodged that week were Friday night fastfood and "kamakazee grocery shopping." Kamakazee grocery shopping, as I have defined it, is going into the grocery store without a clear agenda (some folks like to make a list-I am not one of those folks-a mental agenda will suffice)and getting to the cash register and realizing that you spent more than you had mentally or actually budgeted on items that some how miraculously ended up in your shopping cart.

Maple Wood Side Table Later Purchased for $29.99
at local Department store-odds and ends section.

What temptations are you struggling with? Consider writing some notes to yourself on how you can overcome these temptations and/or put them on a schedule of "to do/wishlist items" that you can work your way towards during the course of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment